Thursday, August 5, 2010

hop skip and a jump

Dear Lucky,
I've been thinking about you...well I always think about you... but especially today. I wonder what you will be like. Will you resemble your brother? Will you start out looking like me and then transform into another mini-Jason for the rest of your life? Sometimes I think I'm getting another baby exactly like the one I have. Other times I think you will be just the opposite. I'm sure you will surprise us with whatever combination you show up with.

I hope that I can be a more confidant mother. I'll be honest. Infants are not my forte. Early on with Mason was really hard. But he turned out just fine. I hope I learned my lesson. I hope we can teach each other to be calm and not worry so much.

I've been teaching Mason all about you. He knows to be soft with babies. And we're working on being quiet. He's doing really well, although if we ask him where the baby is he pulls up his shirt and pokes his own belly. Today he walked around with a large cup saying "I sick" and spitting into it. That's what having a baby means to him.

When I went to get the ultrasound to find out your gender I was excited to see you so grown up. You kept the technicians working hard to measure all the things they needed to. At one point you kept pushing your feet up right in the way. The tech pointed out that it looks like your second toes are longer than your big toes. That's how mine are. It's okay if that changes but for now that makes me smile a lot. When she said you were a boy I felt so...relieved! I enjoyed seeing you show off your biceps and then taking that big yawn. It was even cool seeing the "insider's view" of that false contraction.

Before I know it you'll be here and our lives with be forever different...better... more full. Until then I hope you know how much I love you already.

One last thing. I know you are learning and growing and having a ball in there. But, um, sometimes all that moving actually makes me sick. It's just a matter of weeks before the foot-jammed-in-my-rib stage is upon us, so if you want to take it easy for a while I won't complain.

Love you Little Lucky,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

ice