My dishes aren't done.
I have a ton of apples that need to be dealt with.
There are wet clothes in the dryer that need to be put on the line.
I haven't worked out. I haven't showered.
I need to go grocery shopping or we'll be eating...apples...tonight.
Big brother will be at preschool for almost three hours. In that time I could get most of those things done. Instead I have spent most of that time playing with Eli.
We wrestle. We giggle. We nibble. We hug.
He laughs when I laugh. I laugh when he laughs.
I pretend to eat his toes, his ears, and his tummy.
He gets in my face and we tell whispered secrets.
He becomes exhausted and collapses onto my chest. Still giggling.
Eli needs a nap and so into his crib he goes.
I'm covered with slobber and love.
If only every day could be so productive.
I have a ton of apples that need to be dealt with.
There are wet clothes in the dryer that need to be put on the line.
I haven't worked out. I haven't showered.
I need to go grocery shopping or we'll be eating...apples...tonight.
Big brother will be at preschool for almost three hours. In that time I could get most of those things done. Instead I have spent most of that time playing with Eli.
We wrestle. We giggle. We nibble. We hug.
He laughs when I laugh. I laugh when he laughs.
I pretend to eat his toes, his ears, and his tummy.
He gets in my face and we tell whispered secrets.
He becomes exhausted and collapses onto my chest. Still giggling.
Eli needs a nap and so into his crib he goes.
I'm covered with slobber and love.
If only every day could be so productive.
No comments:
Post a Comment