Monday, November 1, 2010

next month and the crater

Today is November. That means I can officially say I'm having my baby next month. Sure, it's way over a month, but it's next month! Jason politely asked me to refrain from going crazy with all the preparation until around Thanksgiving. So the crib and hospital bag stay stashed away physically but mentally I've set it all up and packed a dozen times. He's the sensible one. I'd have everything pulled out and in the way. I already have a half dozen projects and deep cleaning attempts that aren't finished. So instead of being closer to being ready, I get further away each day. I thought about sending Mason to play with a family member for a day so I can actually finish something around the house. Then I realized I'd probably just fall asleep, never wake, and waste the day. I better save my favors for the post baby chaos.

I'm loving my big round baby growing belly. I forget how much mass I have in front of me. Occasionally I bump into things. Or the best is when I try to squeeze past someone and end up stuck. I say excuse me while they look at my stomach with an expression that says "what were you thinking"? Getting out of bed is ridiculous, so I try to sweetly ask Jason to get stuff for me so I don't have to get up once I'm down. It makes me feel La-Zy!!!. If only he could pee for me...

I've started wearing Jason's T-shirts to bed... and occasionally beyond. He says it's cute but I know he's really thinking "I hope she gives that one back before basketball on Tuesday". I wish I could let myself wear PJs or work out clothes all day long but it makes me feel like a scrub. I know there will be too many days like that after the baby arrives. The good news is that I can still tie my own shoes (yes, I wore real shoes one day last week).

The strangest thing to me is that my belly button just won't give up. With Mason's pregnancy it just slowly disappeared. I felt sort of inhuman without a belly button. This time, no matter how big I've been getting, it still won't let go. This creates a funny little crater indentation that you can see even when fully clothed. Like someone stuck their finger in rising dough. It's funny. And probably too much information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ice