Wednesday, December 8, 2010

dear mary, I'm sorry

Today I was thinking about the reason we have Christmas and all that Christ did for me. I started to think of his mother, Mary, and how difficult it must have been for her to bring him into this world under such humble conditions. I was filled with guilt as I reviewed all of my modern comforts and conveniences. I have my medical professionals, family, and friends on stand by. I pretty much know how and where I will be delivering my child. Goodness, I complain of discomfort! Imagine traveling over 100 miles on foot or on a donkey! So Mary, I'm sorry. And, of course, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I randomly clicked on this older post, since I haven't been to this blog in months... I saw the title and thought you were doing a shoutout to Mary Fox (random, but she's the only Mary I know in Cedar)... and then I read this post. I'd like to highlight the 5th sentence: "I pretty much know how and where I will be delivering my child."
    So....that "surprise" home delivery unassisted was totally planned out! :)

    ReplyDelete

ice