It's crazy to think that I'll ever be writing about Eli's first steps or first words. His "firsts" right now are so little but they seem so big.
These are the jammies Eli wore home from the hospital. The size is newborn but they still swamped him at the time. Now they fit! He is five weeks old and there are a couple of the smaller newborn outfits that are getting a bit snug. This is a huge relief to me since I worry about him eating enough and gaining weight. We'll have billions of normal faced expressions so I thought I'd include some funny grimaces.
Another first, I took both boys shopping. At a store! Full of germs and people! and by myself! They did just fine. Question...if you put the car seat in the back and the toddler in the front, where in the world do you put the groceries?!
We also went to church last week. I'll admit I was so nervous I was about to throw up the whole morning. I really don't know why. I'm very chill and easy going compared to baby #1. But I was worried about people and sickness and the cold weather and nursing and a bunch of other things that were pretty irrational. My cousin Misty was even there to help. I was sure I'd last 15 minutes before bailing but we made and once again... it was just fine.

Well I'm typing this while *covered* in spit up from shoulder to waist. Eli had his very first mommy-soaking spit up and very first diaper blow out within 3 minutes. He must be feeling better now:)
I think I'll hit the shower.
These are the jammies Eli wore home from the hospital. The size is newborn but they still swamped him at the time. Now they fit! He is five weeks old and there are a couple of the smaller newborn outfits that are getting a bit snug. This is a huge relief to me since I worry about him eating enough and gaining weight. We'll have billions of normal faced expressions so I thought I'd include some funny grimaces.
![]() |
| He's flashing West Side in the last pic |
We also went to church last week. I'll admit I was so nervous I was about to throw up the whole morning. I really don't know why. I'm very chill and easy going compared to baby #1. But I was worried about people and sickness and the cold weather and nursing and a bunch of other things that were pretty irrational. My cousin Misty was even there to help. I was sure I'd last 15 minutes before bailing but we made and once again... it was just fine.
Well I'm typing this while *covered* in spit up from shoulder to waist. Eli had his very first mommy-soaking spit up and very first diaper blow out within 3 minutes. He must be feeling better now:)
I think I'll hit the shower.

No comments:
Post a Comment