Monday, January 10, 2011

inside out

As uncomfortable as it was, I got used to having that big belly. It's really strange now to have it gone. The area right below my ribs seems the emptiest. It's all caved in and hollow. Eli is such a wiggly kid, was then, is now. Now all the pokes and jabs come from the outside.

There have been a few moments where I have the same baby-kickin-in-my-baby feeling.
The first was on Saturday. We went for a walk. Mason was in the stroller and Eli was in a sling. My friend has my favorite one so I used what I call my Baby Origami Wrap. It looks like this:

Source: wrapyourbaby.com
and you have to have a PHD or three arms to properly wrap/twist/tuck/and tie it up. I don't have either so I did my own little version and hit the road. As I was walking along I naturally dropped my free hand onto the baby's back which was bundled up on my torso. It felt just like being pregnant again (minus the lovely waddle).

Again I had that same strange feeling last night. When Eli fusses at night we found that sometimes all he needs is the weight of a hand on his chest to calm him down and send him back to dreamland. I reached over from my bed into his bassinet and put my hand on our swaddled up bundle of joy boy. He was squirming and suddenly those movements through the blanket felt all too familiar. Like... inside out-ish. 


1 comment:

  1. Your camera takes pictures that good in the DARK? Shutup. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete

ice