Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birth Story Part 3: Eli's story

(I've decided at long last to put the experience into my own words. Then I realized it might not be appropriate for this blog, which is going to be printed and become Eli's baby book. I'll keep my details on my own record and will post it soon on my site. This is the G rated version)

Early in the morning on December 16th, my older brother Mason woke my mom up. When she went back to bed she didn't feel well. She kept waking up until after 3am when she decided to get up and take a bath. She thought she was having false contractions. By the time she got in the bath she really wasn't feeling well. After she got in she quickly realized that she was in REAL labor and in REAL pain. I was coming quickly. My parents started getting ready to drop off my big brother at Grandma's and go to the hospital. In just a few minutes the car was loaded and it was time to get going. Dad helped Mom stand up and she said "Change in plans. The baby is coming now. Call an ambulance. Go get Mason out of the car. I need some towels." My dad ran fast but by the time he came back in the house, I was here. My mom delivered me all alone. The cord was around my neck and I didn't cry a lot so they were pretty worried. Some police officers came and helped my brother stop crying. Then the medical help arrived. My first car ride was in an ambulance. My doctors and nurses thought it was a pretty good story and teased my mom and dad about having me at home. I was in a big hurry to get here but everything ended up just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ice