Monday, February 21, 2011

shhh! and other exclamations

My friend Chelsea and I were talking about kids sleeping and she told me that technically "sleeping through the night" is something like 5 or 6 hours straight. I don't think that really counts but still I'd happily take 5 hours of sleep. And then...dun dun dun... Eli slept through the night. I'm talking about a whole liva'long night. 9 hours baby! Of course, I was up at the regular times. I woke up automatically, checked on the babe, wandered around the house for a bit, and then went back to bed a couple of times. This morning we got up, had a hot breakfast, and Mason had a bath. All before Eli stirred. This is where my superstitious side kicks in. Maybe if I do exactly what I did yesterday he'll sleep like that again. Maybe it was the lack of bath (I made bread instead). Maybe it was those pajamas. Maybe it was... just a random anomaly.

Awwww! Eli has an increased awareness this week. He goes through periods of time throughout the day where he interacts so much. He will smile and half-laugh and respond to us. His mannerisms remind me of the baby dinosaurs on Land Before Time. We've had fun capturing little videos of his charming interactions and sending them to family.

Ugh! Eli has had some bottles of formula lately to top him off while I recover from being really sick. My body went through the ringer and is not yet back to normal. In the meantime Eli is a hungry growing boy. He really seems to love the ease of bottles and gets a funny pleased-with-himself expression when his tummy is full after so little effort. On the downside, I do not like the smell of formula at all. But I am grateful to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ice