I could write a whole essay about Eli and how endearing his stretches are. I love how he points his toes, arches his back, pulls his shoulders up to his chin and sssssstretches his arms up as far as they go (only to the top of his cute little ears).

But today we're excited about the stretch last night. He finally broke the cycle of getting up every 3 hours. He's like Old Faithful. Seriously, you can tell the time by his behavior. Usually he's wakes up with in 3-5 minutes of the hour to eat. Only once at night does he go four hours. A typical "meal" schedule is 7am, 10am, 1am, 4pm, 7pm, 9pm (because I MAKE him), 1am, 4am REPEAT.
Last night it went: 9pm...wait for it ...wait for it... 3AM!!! He slept from about 1opm on.
This is huge. This is amazing. This is not likely to be the norm so I enjoyed every extra minute of sleep.
Okay, half enjoyed. There's always that little nervous feeling that makes my heart flutter as I wonder why isn't he up and crying?

But today we're excited about the stretch last night. He finally broke the cycle of getting up every 3 hours. He's like Old Faithful. Seriously, you can tell the time by his behavior. Usually he's wakes up with in 3-5 minutes of the hour to eat. Only once at night does he go four hours. A typical "meal" schedule is 7am, 10am, 1am, 4pm, 7pm, 9pm (because I MAKE him), 1am, 4am REPEAT.
Last night it went: 9pm...wait for it ...wait for it... 3AM!!! He slept from about 1opm on.
This is huge. This is amazing. This is not likely to be the norm so I enjoyed every extra minute of sleep.
Okay, half enjoyed. There's always that little nervous feeling that makes my heart flutter as I wonder why isn't he up and crying?
No comments:
Post a Comment