Eli is a stomach sleeper, but sometimes he stays on his back long enough for me to sneak back in and take pictures. He sleeps with my old baby blanket both at night and for nap time. Eli goes to bed first and then about an hour or more later we quietly go in with Mason to tuck him in.
We got lazy and started letting Eli take a bottle to his crib for a couple months. I felt really guilty about it. Plus, I noticed he was waking more and more at night and often we'd need to get him and hold him and then eventually get him a midnight snack bottle to get him sleepy again. I was sure we'd ruined this perfect sleeper. After he turned one it really started bothering me that he had a bottle at all. Yes, we are normally the "toss the bottle at one" type of parents. But this week I just decided ENOUGH! and put them all away. Cold turkey. For about one day Eli seemed to be wondering where it was. Within three days we had a new nap/bedtime routine that did not involve any bottles. Walk into his room, turn on the cd player, turn off the light, shut the door, he reaches for the door, we say no. Pull the blanket up between us, he rests his head, sing a song, kisses, say good night, he says Ya! Ya! Put him in bed. He giggles. We giggle and walk out the door. I can't believe how easy he adjusted. Sometimes Eli will cry out once at night but then he goes right back to sleep until morning. Overall his sleeping, quality and quantity, have improved.
I wish I could take credit for this awesome sleeper, but we also have a three year old that doesn't often make it through the night in his own bed, so... no credit. No blame :)
Eli looks a lot like my baby pictures, but every day he looks more like Mason, who is a mini me of Jason. 2011 was a fun year, we can't wait to see what Eli comes up with next year.
We got lazy and started letting Eli take a bottle to his crib for a couple months. I felt really guilty about it. Plus, I noticed he was waking more and more at night and often we'd need to get him and hold him and then eventually get him a midnight snack bottle to get him sleepy again. I was sure we'd ruined this perfect sleeper. After he turned one it really started bothering me that he had a bottle at all. Yes, we are normally the "toss the bottle at one" type of parents. But this week I just decided ENOUGH! and put them all away. Cold turkey. For about one day Eli seemed to be wondering where it was. Within three days we had a new nap/bedtime routine that did not involve any bottles. Walk into his room, turn on the cd player, turn off the light, shut the door, he reaches for the door, we say no. Pull the blanket up between us, he rests his head, sing a song, kisses, say good night, he says Ya! Ya! Put him in bed. He giggles. We giggle and walk out the door. I can't believe how easy he adjusted. Sometimes Eli will cry out once at night but then he goes right back to sleep until morning. Overall his sleeping, quality and quantity, have improved.
I wish I could take credit for this awesome sleeper, but we also have a three year old that doesn't often make it through the night in his own bed, so... no credit. No blame :)
Eli looks a lot like my baby pictures, but every day he looks more like Mason, who is a mini me of Jason. 2011 was a fun year, we can't wait to see what Eli comes up with next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment