Thursday, December 15, 2011

happy go "lucky"

Here is Eli.
Typical Eli.
He has every reason to not be smiling, yet smiling he is.
Is this just this just the kind of person he is always going to be?

Eli fell and hit his head really hard. Sometimes we handle things well. Sometime we think, well I did my best. And sometimes we lose it and totally freak out and traumatize the 3 year old. Guilty. Whenever Mason sees blood he always says "I didn't want that to happen." Mason, by the way, is not responsible for this injury. He just really doesn't like blood or when his brother cries.

By the time I uncovered the mask of blood on Eli's face and had ice on it, Mason was shrieking as he ran up and down the hall. I've mentioned he's a lot like me, right? Around this time I was calling for Mason to come to where we were and Eli just up and fell asleep. I yelled at Eli to wake up and cut it out. I wasn't sure sleeping is allowed after such a fall. Jason was out and not answering his cell so I did what anyone would in this situation. I called Mom. She came right over and got us all calmed down by the time Jason came in. The cut wasn't as bad as I thought. I took Eli to InstaCare where he continued to be darling and charmed all the nurses. The doctor gave him three stitches and Eli hardly fussed. By the time the doctor was finishing up, Eli had caught the eye of one of the nurses and was flirting and smiling. The doctor repeatedly told me he'd be fine, no brain injury, and as I left he asked "Um, are you going to be okay?"


What am I to do with such a boy? It seems like the more I struggle, the more he shines. I react badly, he keeps smiling. I dwell on how bad it could have been and how scary parenting can be, but he's over it. Moved on. Thank you God for sending us Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ice