Had I known he was going to sleep in until 10 I would have been more wise with my time. Usually Eli is up at 7:45. Also he is ready for bed every night by 7:45. We try to get him to last until 8pm.
Eli woke up happy happy as usual. He wouldn't be removed from him crib until he had a firm grip on one of his blankets. He never leaves without one. He ate a huge breakfast of oatmeal. He eats circles around his big brother. He helped me do laundry. Eli loves filling and emptying the baskets although it doesn't help much in terms of actual chore completion. He got mad when I wouldn't let him get in the dryer to play.
We waited for Mason's bus to come. We looked out the window. He kept pretending what we were doing was really cool. I suppose it was.
Eli hung out in the sink while I cleaned the hall bathroom. He likes looking at his reflection. As I was trying to finish the last few tasks he decided it was time to play with the toilet. He loves to open the lid and then flush. Over and over. I scolded him and removed him from the room. I kept cleaning. As soon as I wasn't paying attention he bolted back in a did it again. "No no no, Eli". He just smiles. He kept at it until I realized I was never going to finish cleaning. So I put him in time out. I've never done that with him before. I put him in his crib. He smiled some more.
Mason saw him in there and decided to join him. I told Mason that if he was going to be in time out too he better teach Eli not to do naughty things. I heard Mason say "I know it's hard, just don't do it". That sounds familiar. Really I shouldn't let Mason play in there. Eli takes a nap every day at noon. But since he slept in, I'll just let the boys be happy together. I love they have each other.
Yesterday Eli was up before Mason. I changed his diaper and he realized Mason was still in bed. As soon as I let him get up he went to Mason's bed and crawled up in it. He pounded on Mason's shoulder and announced his presence with loud "ah!"s. Mason tried sleeping through it but kept smiling which encouraged Eli to continue. Finally Mason gave in, sat up, and said "Good morning brother".
No comments:
Post a Comment